Friday, February 15, 2008

What a Mighty Good Man (What a Mighty, Mighty Gooood Man)

Well I am finished most of my valentine's day chocolate (even the stuff I bought myself today at half off) and am ready to blog.

I have to say how wonderful blogging has been for me, so far. It's not just cathartic, but it's also inspiring. Particularly, it has inspired my darling husband. Now that he is aware that his every move may become fodder for my blogging, his behavior has changed in dramatic and positive (and positively shocking) ways.

Take for instance, oh, lets say: Valentines Day. Last year I got nadda. And, we were snowed in! The serious kind of snowed in such that DH couldn't even sneak out and get a card and some flowers last minute. He tried to 'make' me a card, but that just didn't fly with me. I don't even like arts and crafts when professionals make them.

But this year....WOW! Valentine's Day started for me on the 13th. DH made me a fabulous dinner and gave me roses. I also got a Valentines Day card (Hallmark) in the mail....from one of our cats. On the morning of the 14th, I got a beautiful, store bought card from DH along with a BIG box of Godiva chocolates (yes, its all gone now. I finished it off by days end). The we went to a very nice restaurant for dinner and I was given a lovely gift certificate for a massage (already booked for me this Saturday!). I did laugh and ask if the blogging has anything to do with this fabulous treatment. DH says 'I know I can't stop you so I guess I better just make it good'.

Then there's the matter of the dishes. 'Doing them', that is. I didn't think that DH knew where the dishwasher was, let alone the sink. DH was the kind of guy who aimed for the counter, and was about 50/50 in his success rate. But suddenly, he's been doing the dishes. Actually putting them in the dishwasher. Unloading the dishwasher when it's finished it's cycle. Cleaning (well, somewhat, lets not expect miracles here.) the counter top!!! I don't know who this man is, but he is soooo welcome here. (And he's cute) DH claims that this new behavior has nothing to do with my blogs, that he is doing this for Lent.

LENT?! So this means that he'll stop doing the dishes come Easter?? I need the Pope's address so I can write him my suggestion that Lent be held at least 4 times a year and for double the duration. Does anyone have the Pope's address? (I know its near Rome)

No comments: