Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Decorating the Nursery

As you know from a prior post, my husband and I are adopting a baby/toddler girl. As a true princess, she is already draining our wallets, and she's not even here yet! We are starting to get her room ready. Not an easy task.

This requires a contractor to come in and put up a wall, changing a pass thru bedroom (stairway in the room leads to a third floor room), into a smaller room next to an extended hallway leading to stairs to a third floor. Hiring and working with contractors, and contemplating parenthood at the same time brings me to certain Biblical conclusions. Precisely, I can see why God wanted his only son to become a carpenter. They set their own hours, don't feel compelled to meet deadlines, aren't constrained by those things called arrival times that the rest of us deal with, charge a fortune, and have clients (me) that bring them fresh coffee and make them lunch!

Anyway, I degress. The point of this post is that I have a deadline. The one where I now have to make a decision as to which decorating theme and bedding to choose. I've been up, down and around the block a few times with my choices. Here are four of them. Check them out and give me some ideas of your own (please)

English Rose Garden: www.newarrivalsinc.com/index.asp?PageAction=ViewPROD&ProdID=1580

Ooh La La by Kimberly Grant: www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kmg/kmg615033.html

Angelique Toile D'or linens: www.rosenberryrooms.com/232-angelique-toile-d-or-linens-four-piece-set.html

Bibi's Kittens: www.bibisbabywear.com/pages/001445.htm

No comments: